Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Igloo~











Presents are not the only thing we brought back from Christmas this year.......we were able to have my Mom and brother Jared come back with us! While they were here, Jim and Jared (well mostly Jim) decided to build a "snow igloo" to sleep in! Yes, the perks of living in North Dakota! I know you are all green with envy!!!!!! Anyways...they "camped" in the igloo on New Years Eve, when it was a warm 1 degree outside! Which was quite a bit warmer than the night before when it was -19!!! They assured us that they slept great and were warm! Better them than me!!!

7 comments:

Julie said...

How nice you got your mom for a few days! Was it a little warmer in ID than ND? I heard they have been getting tons of snow. I have to tell ya, I'm not missing it!:-)

The Feely Crew said...

That is so cool! We made one too on Christmas but missed out on sleeping in it! I'm glad your little brother got to play in some really good snow!!

The Feely Crew said...

I also commented on the potty post!!

Unknown said...

you guys are crazy!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I loved igloos when I was little. I bet the boys just loved it!

Julie said...

Jared has enjoyed telling his Louisiana friends all about his Christmas adventures! Thanks Jim!
Love,
Mom

Scott said...

That looks fun. When we were stationed at Offutt AFB (Omaha, NE) I built one in our front yard and slept in it. It was cool...

Big news! We're coming your way. We'll be moving to Minot sometime this summer. We'll have to hang out, it's not that far, right?